Thursday, October 14, 2010

Abe's Bandit revisited - Wanda's Art Challenge

Many already know about Abe Lincon's extraordinary photo blogs, with especially amazing My Birds Blog.
Wanda's art challenge included an adorable racoon photo from Abe's photo collection. I'm taking a drawing class and tried to keep in mind all the various lessons, on contour, negative space, proportion, etc. The outcome was not as charming and sweet as Abe's photo, but I am so pleased that I gave it a try. Thank you, Wanda, for the hosting the chanllenge.
Wanda's challenge and her beautiful watercolors can be found at Watercolors by Wanda.

5 comments:

MorningAJ said...

You've got him perfectly! Well done.
I did the jay:
http://morningaj.blogspot.com/2010/10/another-go-at-art-challenge.html

Wanda said...

You did a lovely job...I see the expression in his eyes... I will post it now. I see AJ did one too.

Thanks again.

BTW sometimes I take a picture of the art work, and sometimes I scan it!

Petrea Burchard said...

Tash, I think your talents just never cease.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

look at you with your fancy "block" signature. Actually you have some worthy moments (nice line work on the racoons left ear)

I think you mentioned a class. At the PV art center?

sandy said...

Wonderful job on this raccoon.