Detail from the absolutely stunning painting by Victor Henderson which I dubbed "All the Big Buildings of Los Angeles". The panels cover the back wall of Blick Art Materials store in West LA on Santa Monica Blvd.
For view of Mr. V at Pasadena Adjacent, click here.
7 comments:
Isn't it outstanding? I think I could look at this for hours. I really enjoy this kind of art (also this architecture), this Gotham-type stuff. Very "Brazil." I must go see it in person.
I love this kind of art! :)
Léia
Petrea I'll pass it on to Mr V. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
He excels at painting architecture. I asked him about this particular piece and he said it bothered him. At the time he was using thin layers of acrylic (kind of like watercolors or an under painting) in his own personal work. He decided to transfer that technique onto this large scale mural. Now he says it's too colorful and looks unfinished. I kind of like it for those reasons as well as the illusion of compression.
to bad the piece isn't fully in tact
"The illusion of compression." You know what to call it. I think that's why I like it so much.
I understand him not being in love with the piece. I think it's true of most artists--there are a few you're really proud of, but not all.
WOW! Spectacular, Tash!
Btw ~ We have two new artists on the Art Blog. Jose, and a gal named Connie from AZ - Jose did a rendering of the Lion, and Connie did the Hoot Owl, as I added some new pictures to the challenge of Owls.
Check it out.
Love the painting...love the pic!!!
Saw the painting and thought of Leo Politi!!! Not the subject, but the colors and shadows...
Post a Comment