Friday, April 3, 2009

Stamps from former Yugoslavia (Scavenger Hunt: Collections)

Join Carrie Hayes' Scavenger Hunt at View of You Photo.


Stamps from former Yugoslavia (Jugoslavija), from the late '60s.
DC-10 JAT aircraft, 40-year anniversary of Yugoslav Air Transport (40-GODISNJICA JUGOSLOVENSKOG AERO TRANSPORTA), 1967; R. Bojanic - artist.
Miscellaneous stamps. I remember the lucky symbols stamps (4-leaf clover, horseshoe, chimney sweep) from my childhood.

3 comments:

Pat said...

You know, it's been quite a while since I've actually seen a real stamp on a local letter, and when I do, they're not at all as attractive as these. I must check the next time I go to the post office to see if there are any pretty ones!

PJ said...

Very nice idea for the Scavenger Hunt. I agree with Bibi, the stamps are very pretty and would be welcome on anything I might have to mail, which is very infrequent these days.

I told Carrie that doing specific topics seems to stump me when doing memes and I worked on it for this week but still did something a little weird. Did you see where she's moving to Alaska?

VW unkicsfl. ?????? It didn't go through. Now I have scusere - I always copy my comment when I have one that's off the wall, just in case.

Antjas said...

I remember the 5, 10 and 15 cent stamps with the workers on them. Do you know what years those were from? My dad always loved stamps and we had small collections when we were kids. To this day when I send him something, I make sure the postman puts on the most exotic and numerous stamps they have.