The thumbnail of this caught my eye on your other blog. I went to secondary (high) school in Elgin, Scotland. The name of the town apparently comes from the Viking warrior Helgi the Lean (as opposed to Sigurd the Stout, who was also around at that time). He is supposed to have established the town in 897 AD. I suppose town is a bit grand - must have been a collection of wattle huts.
3 comments:
I love these old signs. And I love Seattle!
The thumbnail of this caught my eye on your other blog. I went to secondary (high) school in Elgin, Scotland. The name of the town apparently comes from the Viking warrior Helgi the Lean (as opposed to Sigurd the Stout, who was also around at that time). He is supposed to have established the town in 897 AD. I suppose town is a bit grand - must have been a collection of wattle huts.
«Louis» really enjoys these old signs, too!
Post a Comment