Monday, March 19, 2012

Mural Monday - Artist: John Culqui, Utility Box Art

Join Mural Monday meme at Oakland Daily Photo. Some of my favorite public art is the painted utility boxes. These days, whenever I see an unsightly one, I think of the possiblities. I like Mr. Culqui's bright, happy boxes very much.


























Traffic Signal Box art (No. 7)
City of Long Beach, Bixby Knolls neighbporhood
NE Corner of Atlantic Ave/.. & Cartajena St.
Acrylic on Metal Utility Box
60" H x 36" W

5 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

These are great! I must not be paying attention... haven't noticed them during my travels in Long Beach. Thanks for the post.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I'm with you, these are a cheerful addition to the street. It reminds me that canvases are everywhere. Thanks, Tash, for participating in this week's Monday Mural.

TheChieftess said...

fun!!!

Pasadena Adjacent said...

they did this in Eaglerock but on trash receptacles using mosaic. A future Monday mural post

Cezar and Léia said...

Clever captures, the sign is beautiful !Cool red car!
Léia