Thursday, February 25, 2010

California Classics - Beach Cities, CA (SkyWatch Friday)

NORMS restaurant sign on Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, - February 2010
According to a great web site on modern LA architecture (you-are-here.com), Norms Restaurants and signs are of mid '50s vintage.

Hollywood Riviera Car Wash, Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach - Feb. 2010

I think the car wash facade is from the early '60s.

Join SkyWatch Friday!

11 comments:

Anzu said...

Blue on Blue ♪

(*^ー゚)b Fantastic !

Laura said...

such a vivid blue!

Sylvia K said...

Love that intense blue! And what gorgeous clouds! Perfect! Have a terrific weekend, Tash!

Sylvia

Jim said...

Great geometric patterns.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Photo Cache said...

Interesting info.

I browsed your old posts and you have a wonderful blog.

www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

What a wonderful way to advertise. The sky is a beautiful shade of blue. Enjoy your weekend.
Cheers.
Melbourne Daily Photo

Kim said...

I'm so happy to see these two shots! Really takes me back. And what dramatic skies! As ever, your photos are very wonderful and a real treat.
-Kim

eileeninmd said...

Lovely blue skies there. Great shots!

James said...

I'm more of a Coco's fan now but I used to go to Norm's and Denny's after wild parties back in my teen years. Where does the time go?
Very cool post.

Regina said...

Beautiful blue skies.
Great captures and blog.
Cheers.
Happy weekend.

tapirgal said...

Norms is a blast from the past. I really like the car wash facade, at least in your photo. I think I hated things that looked like that when I lived in Southern Calif.