To view others visit MaryT, theTeach at Sepia Scenes Blog.
My mother-in-law was a native of Rye and graduated from Rye HS in 1942. I had a chance to visit Rye last summer.
The Rye Reading Room (the library) had old issues of The Rye Chronicle. The high school opened in 1931.
7 comments:
I like this building. It looks like some of the university buildings in Cambridge or Oxford. There must have been a statue over the gate.
Thank you for your visit!
So this is a 'then & now' shot? Very cool - I love seeing what places used to look like w/ an updated shot to see the differences! Very cool!
The stone edifice is highlighted so nicely in sepia. The look of olde Europe (as I see it) is wonderful, the feeling of a classic time from long ago...
It was a big deal to graduate from HS in those days, the yearbook pictures have students with some pride, their accomplishments for all to see now and in the future...
An imposing old structure. Looks serious. Your photo captures the spirit nicely.
great looking building
how cool that you found all that history as well
That's pretty cool, coming full circle like that and it's a beautiful building, quite an investment in edication.
What beautiful architectural details. I love old buildings. They have such classical appeal.
Your mother-in-law looks very pretty. Cute "over the shoulder" pose.
Post a Comment