How big is this thing? I imagine it as about 2 to 3 cm wide, is that right? Here we have similar looking things in the ground to mark property boundaries.
Good heavens, how astouding, Tash. I only started my collection of ManHole Covers (MHC) on Thursday of last week which was ... ummm ... 13th Jan. My interest was sparked by following a NYC blog called Ampersand Seven (&7).
Some that I have found are obvious to work out, others I have to do research on. Mine will be an occasional series.
5 comments:
These are great aren't they. It's the details that matter
Whatever kind of monument this is - the photo is very nice. I like the colour and all the details, yes.
How big is this thing? I imagine it as about 2 to 3 cm wide, is that right? Here we have similar looking things in the ground to mark property boundaries.
Good heavens, how astouding, Tash. I only started my collection of ManHole Covers (MHC) on Thursday of last week which was ... ummm ... 13th Jan. My interest was sparked by following a NYC blog called Ampersand Seven (&7).
Some that I have found are obvious to work out, others I have to do research on. Mine will be an occasional series.
Why "monument", I wonder? The ones I have found nearly always have something to do with utilities that are buried beneath.
Post a Comment