Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter Details at St. Andrew's Abbey - Valyermo, CA

Workshop Window, 21 February 2009

Silver Bell, 21 February 2009

St. Andrew's Abbey is a Roman Catholic Benedictine Monastery and Retreat/Youth Center located in the northern foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.
Saint Andrew's Abbey

This is my contribution for James' Weekend Reflection.

9 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Very clever Tash, I especially love the first one!

Anonymous said...

I agree. The first image is outstanding. The stonework, the reflection and the baskets in the window combine for a powerful photo.

Kat said...

Beautiful shots, I especially love the first one. The stonework is beautiful, and I love the beautiful worn baskets in the window. Nicely done! Kathy

dianasfaria.com said...

beautiful reflections & so different too! I like the first one the best but the second one is nice & wintry too!

eileeninmd said...

I love the first image and reflections also. Well done!

James said...

Very cool. I agree with the others the top one is tops.

Unspoken said...

Great picts!

Cafe Pasadena said...

These are special pics, nT! I've actually been to this quiet monk compound!

FA said...

Great shots, Tash. St. Andrew Abbey is a wonderful place. I like the sign they have at their entrance - "no hunting, except for peace". I hope you got to spend a few quiet hours there.