This really poor quality photo brings back great memories. That's me, when I was 12, with my mom in a coat over a maxi skirt at our first Tournament of Roses post-parade display. My dad took the picture. The pants were bought at Robinson's monthly sale...they were brown & rust & buff cords and I loved them.
4 comments:
The first thing my eye focused on was those pants and my thought was "I wonder if she got them at Mode O Day on Main in Alhambra? That was the store of choice if you didn't have the bucks for Bullocks.
Wonderful.
This made me smile all morning!
I may have even been there that day, I was 12 at the time and had blue and white stars and stripe pants on from the Broadway! My aunt lived in Altadena and we always went to see the floats at the park the week after the parade. Thanks for the great memory and those were awesome pants!
Cool picture. I cheerish my few memories from back then. I went to the Hollywood Christmas Parade that year and got lost in the crowd. :) This also brought back more memories of that year. A New Year's Eve sleep over, staying up really late with other kids watching tv.
Sorry for rattling on but that's what old photos do to me sometimes.
Cool pants by the way. :)
Post a Comment